Thursday, April 23, 2009

Prayer for the Journey

















It just occurred to me that while I say, "Oh, God, help me" a lot, I'm not being faithful to ask that God help YOU. I know that God blesses those who bless others, and in my quest toward health, I've been focused on me, myself, and I. Now focusing on yourself is not always a bad thing. I have to say that in the past I've been one to neglect my own needs to help others. But before I wax too saintly, I also know that lately, I've been more, dare I say, too internally focused.

Please let me know your needs, too. I'm on my own journey, but that doesn't mean I can't reach out and help others along the way. I pray today that God strengthens you in your spirit, gives you peace as you pursue health, grants you wisdom in your choices, and healing that only He can give.

Remember - (I say this almost every Sunday as I teach my class...) there are NO small choices. And know that, if you're following this blog, I've called each of you out by name and prayed for YOU.

Here's a beautiful prayer by Apostle Paul to meditate on today. Have a wonderful weekend.

I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God. - Ephesians 3:16-19 (New International Version)

*Art Courtesy of ChristArt: Christian Clipart

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...