Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Peer Pressure



I've told everyone about the no-wheat lifestyle I've adopted, but I'm still being told that 'one bite won't hurt ya' when yes, it does!

After church Sunday, we went with another couple and my mother-in-law to one of our favorite restaurants, Applebee's, for soup and salad. So far, so good. No bread. Lots of salad.

Then came time to leave and Mother, who's about 100 pounds soaking wet, decided she wanted a blondie. It was really funny. She sat at a table with two men who won't eat much sugar because they are watching their triglycerides, a woman who's pre-diabetic, and me. Mother's always eager to share, but she couldn't get another person to take a bite. She ribbed me one more time, and I finally took two spoonfuls of the ice cream and nuts. Needless to say, I think she thought WE were all nuts not to have some of that deliciousness.

Okay, really. I'm too old for peer pressure. And especially from my sweet, li'l 90-year old mother-in-law!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...