Monday, April 13, 2009

After the Celebration

What a wonderful time we had at church yesterday! Our choir sang a contata "In His Presence" that came with a DVD to play as the choir sang. Very effective. Because I've been so sick and tired, this year I didn't participate in the choir, and since we had a guest pianist yesterday, didn't play for the service. It was a special blessing to me to sit back and enjoy the service. Last night we enjoyed an Easter concert from Lavawan Riley. I so wish I could play like he does. Wonderful!

After church yesterday we met our son at O'Charley's. They have a new California Chicken Salad to die for - grilled chicken, mandarin oranges, pecans, and dried canberries. It came with bleu cheese, but I opted for cheddar. I also subbed Ranch Dressing for the dressing. I'm telling you, friends, I tried to eat just half, but it was just too good. I ate the whole thing. I think that's the first time I've polished off an entire meal since I started posting on this blog. No rolls for me though. And if you've been to O'Charley's, you know that took willpower!

Also - because I'm intent on finding my waist again, I got out a tape measure. Wow. That's an eye opener. You might want to do the same thing. I've read many times that waist size is more a predictor of health than weight. I'll try to find some research to back that up.

About the pic with this post - last week I posted about how I sang for our Palm Sunday service. A friend sent me a pic she snapped while I was singing. Good times.

7 comments:

  1. Great pic, Donna! I can almost hear you singing!

    That new chicken salad sounds wonderful. Gotta try it, but I'm with you. No bleu cheese!

    Mary
    http://www.cynthiasattic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! Oh, so funny reading this at this exact moment. Hubby is right now at O'Charley's picking up that salad for us. I've had it once. It is so yummy!

    I'm sorry you're still feeling so yucky. I'm very acquainted with yucky! So glad you got to enjoy the Easter service from a different vantage point. Big hugs...Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary, I should have our sound person record me sometime. I have albums but they are OLD!

    Lynn, we are so alike! Are you a member of the O'Charley's club? You can sign up online, I think. We get coupons for $5 off all the time and rarely eat there without a coupon now.

    Yes, it was nice to enjoy the service from the pew for a change. I haven't done that in...well, maybe never. I've always been a participant.

    Enjoy your dinner!

    Mary, you'll have to try it soon, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Donna! Oh, boy, it was s-o-o-o-o-o good! Have been craving it for a while. And thanks for the info on the club. I didn't know about it. Will surely sign up.

    May healing overtake you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here's a link to join the e-club:

    http://ocharleys.fbmta.com/members/UpdateProfile.aspx?Action=Subscribe&InputSource=W

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, wow! Thanks so much, Donna! I appreciate it. I just signed up. I didn't see how to get a coupon. Do they email it or is it online and I just don't see it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. They'll start sending you coupons right away and then about once a week. I signed us up on several websites. Glad to help!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...