Friday, March 20, 2009

Where's Your Trigger Setting?

You know how it is. You go to a party and as if by magic, none of the appetizers have any calories. The fat's been sucked out of that cream cheese ball, and the desserts taste sweet without sugar. Amazing.
Or you stand in front of the refrigerator sucking down Coke and eating cold pizza. Calories don't count if you're not sitting down, right?

Until you get on the scales the next day. Ouch.

I have to say my Trigger Setting is in front of the television. As I mentioned in the "Trigger Food" post, I love to start with something salty followed by something sweet - preferably chocolate. When I'm watching TV, I can consume an entire $.99 bag of Sour Cream and Onion potato chips in one sitting - and never even be aware that I've eaten the first chip - especially if I'm watching Lost, Life on Mars, or The Big Bang Theory. Although if I'm watching the last one, I'm prone to spewing Coke all over from laughing so hard (Sheldon's my favorite).
So, what's my solution? I don't relish the idea of giving up television. Perhaps I could buy the baked chips. Or eat lowfat popcorn instead. I've already switched to Iced Tea with Stevia. Small steps, but steps in right direction.
Where do you find yourself most vulnerable?

2 comments:

  1. If I dare sit down in front of the TV around 4:00PM, I have to eat chips and drink a diet coke (with lime).

    I'm trying very hard to avoid this and go for a walk instead. (Sorry Oprah!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my goodness, Mary, last night I did what I shouldn't - sat down in front of the TV with a bag of sour cream and onion potato chips. Well, let's just say, that bag is history. So I'm back on the straight and narrow today. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...