Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Grain-Free Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Glaze

 
I made carrot cake last night using new (to me) ingredients I've found to replace wheat. The recipe can be found here: Grain Free Carrot Cake.

I used dates, pumpkin, and added walnuts. The next time, I'm going to try raisins, applesauce, and pecans. It was really good!

I got all the way to the bottom of the recipe and discovered I didn't have any plain honey. I did add 1/4 c. dark brown sugar. I know - sugar's bad, but I didn't want it to be bitter and there are a LOT of ingredients that could have gone to waste. And really - a quarter cup for a cake that's 13 x 9? Wow. My husband even had a big piece and loved it.

I thinned the icing down to more like a glaze. I baked it in one of my broiler pans, so it was actually bigger than 13 x 9, so I turned my convection oven to 325 degrees and baked for one hour. Try it! I think you'll like it.

Image: Sicha Pongjivanich / FreeDigitalPhotos.net

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...