Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Seeing Myself on Video

You know how you can fool yourself into thinking you look pretty good - as long as you don't look into a full-length mirror or see candid pictures of yourself? Wait until someone records you and puts it up on YouTube! We have a new media minister at church and so far, he has put up 3 or 4 videos of me singing. I didn't mind until this last one when I didn't have a large wooden pulpit to hide behind.

The thing is - after watching it a couple times, I could get my mind off of my appearance and enjoy the song and the message. I'm enthused and joyous while singing about My Redeemer and I think that shows.

Over the last couple of weeks, I've struggled with a lot of pain in my ribs as well as generalized pain all over. That particular morning, I had struggled to get ready for our Resurrection Sunday service, but once I start singing, I feel no pain. Please continue to pray for me. I'm almost resigned to start taking the injections into my ribs. The thought of that really freaks me out, but if I can endure momentary pain for weeks of relief, I'm sure it would be worth it.

Here's the video.  I hope you are blessed by the song. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...